The Imperial Guitar, our single cut offering, combines the classic thick rich tone of guitars from the 50’s updated with modern aesthetic, playability, and construction techniques. Using only premium hand-selected tone woods, these guitars provide a rich and resonant tone that is somewhat traditional but with added clarity thanks to the untraditional 3-piece neck and Dovetail neck joint. Handcrafted in Brooklyn, NY, the Imperial line of guitars offers players the opportunity to chose their own wood combinations. Whether you are looking for a vintage inspired sound or something more non-traditional and unique, the Imperial guitar can be crafted to your specific needs. To learn how you can purchase your Imperial guitar please contact email@example.com
Heel-less Dovetail Neck Joint
The Imperial Guitar features our unique Dovetail neck joint which provides the tone and response of a set-neck with uninhibited access to the upper frets. The heel has been carved in such a way that transitioning from the nut to the heel of the guitar is smooth and effortless.
Brass Inset Tailpiece
All Imperial Guitar models feature a TonePro ABR bridge with Nylon Saddles for a sweeter tone when playing near the bridge and smoother tuning. Our made-in-house tailpiece features a solid brass bar that has been inset into a fingerboard-matching shell adding sustain and mass to the guitar.
ThroBak SLE-101 MXV P.A.F. Humbuckers
These vintage-accurate reproduction humbuckers from ThroBak Electronics offer the classic P.A.F. tone with sweet highs, warm lows, scooped mids, and amazing clarity. Utilizing short Alnico 2 magnets, these pickups deliver the A2 50's vintage P.A.F. pickup tone without the low end mud often associated with modern Alnico 2 humbucker pickups.
- Body Woods - Chambered Mahogany, Walnut, Korina, Black Limba, Alder, or Ash
- Top Woods - Flame Maple, Curly Walnut, Ivory Wood available standard with premium topwoods available (ex: Buckeye Burl, Koa, Spalted Maple, etc), Carved Top (+$500).
- Body Finish - Acrylic Satin
- Neck - 3-piece Mahogany, Korina, Maple, or Walnut in a 59’ LP shape
- Neck Finish - Acrylic Satin
- Fingerboard - Indian Rosewood or Ebony, 10″-20″ compound radius. Premium fingerboard woods available (ex: Birdseye Maple, Amazon Rosewood, Kingwood)
- Frets - 22, Jumbo
- Position Inlays - Mother of Pearl or Abalone dots or block inlays
- Scale Length - 24.75″
- String Nut - Graphtech TUSQ XL, 1 11/16ths width
- Bridge - TonePro ABR Locking w/ Nylon Saddles
- Tuners - Hipshot Locking
- Pickups - ThroBak SLE 101 P.A.F. Humbuckers (for alternative pickups, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Pickup Switching - 3-way position switch
- Controls - Vol / Tone, Vol / Tone
- Other Features - Heel-less Dovetail neck joint, reversible and removable truss rod, brass inset tailpiece